We Live our Mission We begin each day at Sacred Hearts School with prayer and the recitation of our mission statement: Sacred Hearts School is a community committed to teaching and living Catholic values. We strive for academic excellence while encouraging students to develop morally, academically, and socially. We challenge our students to become critical thinkers who are self-confident, disciplined, respectful, and firmly committed to living a faith-filled life. This reminds us of why we are here and that God is guiding us throughout our day. We strive to provide a positive, supportive atmosphere that lends itself to individual excellence both in the classroom and in extracurricular activities. A Rich and Proud Heritage Today, more than 450 students are receiving a quality Catholic education at our school, many of them the children and grandchildren of alumni. We are proud of our school and its students. If you would like to become part of our rich history, please contact the school office. Our Beginnings The Sisters of St. Joseph founded Sacred Hearts School in 1938 with the opening of the first and second grades. The class of 1945 was the first graduating class. As the school prospered, the needs of the parish called for expansion. During the school year 1959-1960, eight classrooms, a cafeteria, and a gymnasium/auditorium were added. In the years that followed, lay teachers joined the faculty. With the rising cost of education in the early 1970's, Sacred Hearts School was forced to cut back to its original number of eight classrooms, with one class at each grade level. In 1975 a parent's organization was formed to help alleviate the rising cost of the school. In 1977, a kindergarten was opened to reach out to another segment of the parish community. In the early 1980s, a school board was formed to assist the Pastor and the Principal. The Sisters of St. Joseph left the parish and in 1992 the Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (The Good Shepherd Sisters of Quebec) began administering in the parish.The Sisters left in 2004, and Sacred Hearts School is currently staffed by all lay personnel. Over the years, student population has risen, resulting in double classrooms at each grade level. The kindergarten was moved and integrated into the Early Childhood Center, which is located up the street in the Pastoral Center. A new art room, music room, computer lab, library, nurse's office, and administrative offices were constructed on the basement level. A part-time Advancement Director has been added to engage alumni and other stakeholders in fostering relationships as leaders and ambassadors of Sacred Hearts School, to meet current and long-term financial goals.